- Russia, Nizhny Novgorod, 2105, 31/9, Bolshaya Pecherskaya Str., 603155
A day out the city - clean rivers, deep forests and small towns - the special charm of Russian province, so different from modern megalopolis.
If you want to see real Russia you shall visit the countryside too. We will go to Gorodets – a small town on the Volga River founded in 1152.
Gorodets is known for its traditional crafts – colorful Gorodets painting, marvelous golden embroidery, fancy wood carving and delicious Gorodets gingerbread. The wooden houses in the Old City remember their first owners – the most prosperous merchants of the Volga region.
Duration – 09:00-16:00 approx.
In Gorodets we will see
- Feodorovsky Monastery
- The Old City
- Alexander Nevsky embankment
- The Museum of Samovar (the only one in Russia)
- The Museum of Gingerbread or the Museum of Household objects
- Exhibition center The City of Craftsmen